Saturday, October 31 · 3:30 p.m. · Atlanta, GA · Bobby Dodd Stadium
TV: ABC: Play-by-Play – Dave Pasch; Analyst -Mike Golic; Sideline Reporter – Marty Smith. Online: WatchESPN.com
Radio: In Atlanta: 680 AM/93.7 FM The Fan
• Across Georgia: Visit RamblinWreck.com for 30-station affiliate list
• Satellite: Sirius 135 / XM 194.
• Mobile App: GT Gameday
• TuneIn: buzz.gt/LiveTuneIn
• For the second time in as many home games, Georgia Tech welcomes a top-five opponent to Bobby Dodd Stadium
when No. 4 Notre Dame visits for an Atlantic Coast Conference matchup on Saturday.
• In 85 seasons since the Associated Press released its first college football rankings in 1936, Georgia Tech is playing top-five opponents in consecutive home games for only the second time when it welcomes No. 4 ND just two weeks after it hosted top-ranked Clemson.
The only other time the Yellow Jackets played host to top-five teams in back-to-back home games came in 1983,
when it hosted No. 5 North Carolina two weeks before it welcomed No. 5 Auburn to Grant Field.
• Georgia Tech and Notre Dame are renewing their rivalry for the 36th time in a series that dates back to 1922,
but are squaring off in a conference matchup for the first time. ND, which is a full-time member of the ACC in all sports but football,
is playing a full ACC slate in 2020 due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
• More than likely, both Clemson and Notre Dame will be facing each other in the upcoming ACC Championship Game.
• The Fighting Irish lead the all-time series, 28-6-1. However, the Yellow Jackets have had recent success against the Irish,
winning two of the last four games in the series — a 33-3 rout at ND in 2007 and a 35-28 victory in the 1999 Gator Bowl
(at the conclusion of the 1998 season). During that 2-2 span, the Jackets’ two losses were a 30-22 defeat at No.8 ND in 2015
and a 14-10 home loss to the second-ranked Irish in 2006.
• Georgia Tech will pay homage to its famed Black Watch defense of the 1980s on Saturday when it wears throwback uniforms
featuring black jerseys that the Yellow Jackets wore under head coach Bill Curry from 1980-86.
This Week’s ACC Football Schedule
Boston College at No. 1 Clemson – Noon. Satellite: Sirius 137, XM 193, Ap/Web 955
Series: Clemson leads series, 18-9-2; Last meeting: Clemson, 59-7 (2019)
TV: ABC (WSB-TV): Joe Tessitore (play-by-play), Greg McElroy (analyst), Holly Rowe (sideline).
Wake Forest at Syracuse – Noon, Satellite: Sirius 135, XM 194, Ap/Web 956.
Series: Syracuse leads series, 6-3; Last meeting: Syracuse, 39-30, ot (2019)
TV: ACCN: Chris Cotter (play-by-play), Mark Herzlich (analyst), Kelsey Riggs (sideline)
No. 4 Notre Dame at Georgia Tech – 3:30 p.m. Satellite: Sirius 135, XM 194, Ap/Webb 956.
Local Radio: 680 AM/93.7 FM The Fan • Play-by-Play, Andy Demetra; Analyst, Sean Bedford; Sideline Reporter, Wiley Ballard
Series: Notre Dame leads series, 28-6-1; Last meeting: Notre Dame, 30-22 (2015)
TV: ABC (WSB-TV): Dave Pasch (play-by-play), Mike Golic Sr. (analyst), Marty Smith (sideline).
Virginia Tech at Louisville – 4 p.m.. Satellite: Sirius 137 XM 193, Ap/Web 955.
Series: Virginia Tech leads, 5-2; Last meeting: Virginia Tech, 35-24 (2006)
TV: ACCN: Wes Durham (play-by-play), Roddy Jones (analyst), Eric Wood (sideline).
Charlotte at Duke – 7 p.m., Satellite: Sirius 132, XM 202, Ap/Web 965.
Series: First Meeting
FSN: Tom Werme (play-by-play), James Bates (analyst), Kelly Crull (sideline).
No. 15 North Carolina at Virginia – 8 p.m., TV: ACCN. Satellite: Sirius 137, XM 193, Ap/Web 955.
Series: North Carolina leads series, 63-57-4; Last meeting: Virginia, 38-31 (2019)