Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets at Syracuse Orange
Georgia Tech (1-1, 1-0 ACC) @ Syracuse (0-2, 0-2 ACC)
Saturday, September 26
· Noon,· Syracuse, N.Y. Carrier Dome
TV: Fox Sports South. Play by Play, Tom Werme. Analyst, James Bates. Sidelines, Lyndsay Rowley.
Radio: In Atlanta: 680AM/93/7FM
Play-by-Play: Andy Demetra
Analyst: Sean Bedford
Sideline Reporter: Wiley Ballard
Sirius: 132/ XM 382.
• Despite being conference-mates for seven years, Georgia Tech football will
make its first-ever trip to Syracuse on Saturday afternoon.
• Syracuse is set to debut $118 million in renovations to the stadium this weekend after a new
roof and other amenities were installed in the building this offseason.
• Unfortunately it’ll debut in a fan-less stadium due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
• Although Syracuse joined the Atlantic Coast Conference in 2013, by virtue of being
in opposite divisions (Georgia Tech in the ACC Coastal, Syracuse in the ACC Atlantic),
Tech football has not previously made the trip to upstate New York.
• The Yellow Jackets and Syracuse have met three previous times on the gridiron.
The Jackets have won all three previous matchups, including a 56-0 thrashing of
the Orange in their only previous contest as ACC foes on Oct. 19, 2013 at Tech’s Bobby Dodd Stadium.
• Georgia Tech is playing in the state of New York for only the third time in its 128-season football history and the first time in 95 years.
Tech lost to Penn State, 28-7, in 1921 at the Polo Grounds in New York City, but returned to Gotham in 1925
to defeat the Nittany Lions, 16-7, at Yankee Stadium.
• The Yellow Jackets enter Saturday’s game with a 1-1 record, after winning their
season opener at Florida State, 16-13, before dropping a 49-21 decision against No. 14/13 UCF last Saturday.
• The Jackets trailed UCF by just seven points in the fourth quarter of last Saturday’s battle, but faded down the stretch of the defeat
as the Knights scored 21 unanswered 4th quarter points.
• Georgia Tech’s offense continued its early-season surge versus UCF with 471 yards, its highest total in 18 games.
Tech is averaging 454.5 yards of total offense per game this season (good for sixth in the ACC and 22nd nationally)
and has surpassed the 400-yard mark in both contests.
Last season, the Yellow Jackets averaged 286.3 yards per game (last in the ACC and 127th out of 130 teams nationally)
and did not have a 400-yard game.
ACC Football Schedule
Saturday, Sept. 26
Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets @ Syracuse Orange
12:00 P.M. Syracuse, N.Y. (Conf.) TV: ACC RSN / ACCNX Stats Radio: TK99/105 – Watch
#24 Louisville Cardinals @ #21 Pittsburgh Panthers
12:00 P.M. Pittsburgh, Pa. (Conf.) TV: ACC Network Radio: 93.7 The Fan – Watch
Duke Blue Devils @ Virginia Cavaliers
4:00 P.M. Charlottesville, Va. (Conf.) TV: ACC Network Stats – Watch
Texas State Bobcats @ Boston College Eagles
6:00 P.M. Chestnut Hill, MA – TV: ACC RSN/ ESPN3 Stats Radio: BC Learfield IMG Sports Network (WEEI 850 AM) Video
Florida State Seminoles @ #12 Miami Hurricanes
7:30 P.M. Miami Gardens, Fla (Conf.) TV: ABC – Watch
NC State Wolfpack @ #20 Virginia Tech Hokies
8:00 P.M. Blacksburg, Va. (Conf.) TV: ACC Network Stats Radio: Virginia Tech Sports Network – Watch